DCS: JF-17 Thunder is an app created by Deka Ironworks. DCS: JF-17 Thunder was first published on . It is available on the following platforms: Steam, Other.About This Content JF-17 is a single seat, single engine, multirole light fighter that joint developed by AVIC Chengdu and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC). The design phase of JF-17 "...
DCS: JF-17 Thunder Review
DCS: JF-17 Thunder is an app by Deka Ironworks. DCS: JF-17 Thunder was first published on . It is available on Steam, Other.
About This ContentJF-17 is a single seat, single engine, multirole light fighter that joint developed by AVIC Chengdu and Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC). The design phase of JF-17 "Thunder" finished at May 31st, 2002, and the maiden flight was made on August 25th, 2003. The first plane delivered to PAF (Pakistan Air Force) in 2007. Currently several different blocks of JF-17s are in service in Pakistan and Myanmar air forces. There are also several countries interested in purchasing this fighter jet. On February 27th, 2019, "Thunder" has withstood the test of actual combat and helped PAF win an appreciable victory.
"Thunder" is a type of fighter that specifically tailored for PAF. The development plan of her predecessor can even be traced back to 1985. At first, PAF was only looking for a fighter that can replace Shenyang J-6 (Chinese version of Mig-19), but they were not satisfied with Chengdu’s J-7M. After more than 20 years of development, the final product "Thunder" becomes completely different from J-7M.
"Thunder" has a bubble canopy of great view, pretty strake-wing layout and advanced avionics. KLJ-7 radar provides excellent air to ground capability. WMD-7 targeting pod can help "Thunder" searching for targets in combat. Although "Thunder" has small size, remember that: she is one of the most advanced fighter jets in the DCS World.
Key features of the DCS: JF-17 "Thunder" include:
- Nonlinear industry-level high fidelity 6DOF rigid-body flight model with real-life aerodynamic coefficients
- Line-by-line recreated real-life full authority longitudinal fly-by-wire system and lateral/directional control augmentation system with various modes and control law reconstruction on malfunction.
- Highly detailed aircraft exterior model: skin winkle, faded paint, oil residue and other details; even the position of each rivet is faithfully restored.
- A highly-detailed 6DOF cockpit. Three massive MFCDs with advanced HOTAS interface help you master the plane, as well as the battlefield.
- Accurately simulated sub-systems: communication and navigation systems, fire control systems, store management system, electro-mechanical management systems, air data system, DTC card, warning system, defense system, hydraulic system, pneumatic system, electrical system, environment conditioning system, oxygen system, external/cockpit light system, power plant control system, zeroizer system, eject seat system, and g-suit etc.
- Detailed malfunction/failure simulation: the module has over 200 system malfunctions and more than 100 damage partitions covering near 100 onboard devices; mutual malfunction effect between systems are also simulated.
- KLJ-7 radar can track 10 targets and attack 2 targets at the same time. KLJ-7 can also search/track surface (ground and sea) moving targets.
- Advanced stand-off attack capability: including LS-6 and GB-6 glide bombs, C-802AK anti-ship missile and CM-802AKG Man-In-the-Loop (MITL) missile.
- WMD-7 targeting pod can be used to search/track surface targets, identify air target and provide guidance for laser guided weapons.
- Advanced electronic warfare system: including chaff/flare dispense systems (OESP), KG-600 self-protect jamming pod that can locate radiation source and missile approach warning system (MAWS) installed on tail.
- On-board datalink supports battlefield situation sharing between JF-17s and between AWACS.
- Detailed radio command options for ground crew interactions.
- Player-friendly configurations in Special Option.
- Air to air refueling capability (Plan to add later).
- Campaigns for JF-17 in the Caucasus theatre (TBD).